Artist Spotlight: Jayleen Miller
For our June artist spotlight we are excited to share with you Jayleen Miller from Denver, Colorado. Jayleen is a traveling makeup and hair artist that specializes in weddings, pageants and photoshoots. She was previously based in the Memphis, TN area but recently moved to Denver. When Jayleen first came into our office we were really excited because she was so eager to get started (that's always a great sign)! She had us laughing throughout the course and we SO enjoyed getting to know her better!
- What is your background? I played around with makeup while I did pageants in high school and always styled my sorority sisters for big events, but I actually majored in Neuroscience and English while I was in college. It wasn’t until after college that I found my passion in makeup.
- What made you decide to be a makeup artist? I am a very creative person by nature and always loved makeup. It wasn’t until I started working with Rebecca Mathis that I realized that makeup was my passion. I realized that making other people feel like their best selves through makeup was what I wanted to do with my life!
- What are some of the questions you need to ask yourself before you decide to be a makeup artist? I think the most important thing you need to ask yourself is are you able to channel your creativity in service of your client. Sometimes it isn’t about what you think is best, but what the client wants. It is your job to take the client’s vision and make it a reality so that they feel their very best on their special day whether that be a wedding, pageant, photoshoot, etc.
- What has been your favorite event/client so far? I have had nothing but amazing experiences with my clients so it’s hard to chose! I think my favorite client so far has been one of my college best friends. I was so blessed to not only have styled her for her wedding, but it was my first wedding that I styled and attended! My favorite event has to be Miss Mississippi USA hands down. I loved being able to see all of my TPF girls and being able to spend time with them during the pageant!
- How did you learn about The Perfect Face? Rebecca Mathis told me about it and have been obsessed with it ever since.
- Did you take the certification course? If so how did you hear about it? I did, and I loved every minute of it! It was the best decision I could have ever made for my career. My lovely friend and fellow makeup artist, Rebecca Mathis told me about the course.
- Tell us about meeting Danielle for the first time. I was nervous, excited, and starstruck. I had heard so much about Danielle and her talent before taking the course that I was already so in awe of her. She is one of the most genuine, kind, and talented people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
- What did you like about the course? I loved how hands on everything was and how Danielle took the time to make sure our technique was correct. I came out of the class feeling like I had an exceptional knowledge of technique, color matching, and how to work with different facial structures.
- Would you recommend this course to other students? 1,000 times yes, this is an amazing thing you can do to further/start your career as a makeup artist.
- What is your favorite TPF Cosmetics product? There are too many to choose from… definitely the lipsticks, the Medium Contour Blush, the loose powders, and of course the brushes!
- Any upcoming events you will be attending? I will be at Miss Mississippi USA in November as a makeup artist, hopefully Miss Colorado USA, and am open for bookings through the rest of this year and 2021
You can learn more about Jayleen by going to her Instagram @musebymiller & Facebook musebymiller. Also head over to her website, contact phone is (901) 569-4815, business email email@example.com. Thank you so much Jayleen for taking the time to share with us your business and photos. If you are interested in makeup artistry we would absolutely love for you to read more about taking our TPF Certification course. You can email us any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 713-977-3223.