Artist Spotlight: DeLaney Henry
For our September artist spotlight we are excited to share with you DeLaney Henry from Nashville, Tennessee. DeLaney is a traveling makeup and hair artist that specializes in weddings, pageants, commercial, film and everything else! She has a huge resume and has traveled all over the world doing makeup & hair. DeLaney is very special to us here at TPF Cosmetics and if you get to have her in our life the sun seems to shine a bit brighter in your world. We are thrilled for you to get to know her better.
- What is your background? As a child I loved art and took art classes at my local community center. Since that was the 90s and social media didn't exist I didn't realize it could be a job. So I just had fun with it. I received my Bachelors degree in Public Relations and thought that was what I would be working in.
- What made you decide to be a makeup artist? While in college I started assisting a friend doing makeup in the pageant industry just for some extra money. But after a few years assisting and after some research I decided I didn't want to work in an office doing PR but wanted to become a full-time makeup artist. After getting my degree I moved to California to go to makeup school to learn more about the profession.
- What are some of the questions you need to ask yourself before you decide to be a makeup artist? The biggest question I think you need to ask yourself is can you handle the business side of this industry. Makeup artistry is so much more then just painting pretty faces. That's the part we all love and that is why we do this. But knowing how to manage your business is what will keep you going for years to come.
- Tell is about your business. I have been a makeup artist for over 20 years which is still crazy to think about. Over the years I have worked in film, television, live events, red carpets, pageantry, education, and private clients. I love traveling the country working with different types of clients. Since 2006 I have been blessed to work with the Miss Universe Organization working at Miss USA and Miss Universe ever year.
- What has been your favorite event/client so far? That's a hard question because I have had so many amazing clients. But one of my favorite are brides that I know personally because it is so special to be asked to be apart of such an important day for them. One of my favorite work events every year is Miss Universe because it has taken me around the world to Vietnam, Brazil, Russia, Philippines, and Thailand to name a few.
- How did you learn about The Perfect Face? Tell us about meeting Danielle for the first time. I learned about TPF after meeting Danielle for the first time. We both worked at Miss Universe 2006 but I only worked 3 days and the team was big so we never got to actually meet. We finally meet while working at Miss USA 2007 but didn't get to know each other well yet. But being in Mexico for 3 weeks for Miss Universe 2007 allowed us a lot of time to get to know each other and go on several adventures in Mexico. We clicked from the beginning and have had a great friendship since then.
- Would you recommend the TPF Certification course to students? I would definitely recommend the certification course to artists starting out in the industry or those that have been in it a while but want more education. I have always stressed continuing education to artists. Danielle is a great educator and loves to share the things she has learned over her long history as a makeup artist.
- What is your favorite TFP Cosmetics product? For sure the brushes! They are so soft and amazing. Danielle worked very hard on creating the perfect brushes for artists and I loved getting to watch her in the process.
- Any upcoming events you will be attending? There are lots of events currently on my calendar and I hope to be adding more. I love working at some of the USA state pageants in the Fall because I get to see so many of my artists friends.
You can learn more about DeLaney by going to her Website, Instagram @delaneyhenry_ & Facebook DeLaney Henry. Her business email is email@example.com Thank you DeLaney for taking the time to share with us your business and photos. If you are interested in becoming a makeup artist we would absolutely love for you to read more about taking our TPF Certification course. You can email us any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 713-977-3223. Have a blessed Monday!